After several wonderful, sold-out workshops, I'm happy to be coming back to Tuscaloosa! Join me at Grace Aberdean: Habitat Alchemy for an Introduction to Indigo and Shibori Workshop.
• Learn basics of shibori resist dyeing, with a concentration on folded, tied and clamped resist.
• Dye natural fiber goods in a plant derived indigo vat.
• 1 scarf-sized piece of linen and small cotton tote will be provided, along with plenty of muslin for experimentation.
• Participants are encouraged to bring their own goods to dye, but please avoid bulky pieces (towels, jackets, bedding etc.). Cellulose fibers (cotton, linen, rayon, ramie) accept the color the best. Pre-wash in hot water before the workshop.
• If time and materials allow, more experimental dyeing (paper, wax-resist, yarn, hair) can be done at the end of the workshop.
• Wear old clothing that can be stained. The dye will splash. This includes shoes.
• Snacks and drinks provided.
Pre-registration is required because space is limited. If you have any issues registering, please e-mail me at email@example.com and I'll assist you. After you add the workshop to your cart, you will be prompted to submit a form. After this, you have to click the cart icon at the top of the page, and then check out. Please note that your space is not confirmed until you have submitted payment.