Join me at South Main Creative, located in Little Rock, AR, for an introduction to Indigo and Shibori workshop.
•Learn basics of shibori resist dyeing, with a concentration on folded, tied and clamped resist.
• Dye natural fiber goods in a plant derived indigo vat.
• 1 scarf-sized piece of linen and small cotton tote will be provided, along with plenty of muslin and cotton for experimentation.
• Feel free to bring your own goods to dye, but please avoid bulky pieces (towels, jackets, bedding etc.). Cellulose fibers (cotton, linen, rayon, ramie) accept the color the best. Pre-wash in hot water before the workshop.
• If time and materials allow, more experimental dyeing (paper, wax-resist, yarn, hair) can be done at the end of the workshop.
• Wear old clothing that can be stained. The dye will splash.
• Bring a brown bag lunch and drink, and a dessert will be provided.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL.