Join me for an introduction to Indigo and Shibori workshop on Sunday, May 6th from 1:00 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Little Art House. Participants will learn basics of shibori dyeing, with an emphasis on Itajime (shape resist) and Kumo (twist resist) techniques. Materials will be provided, and participants are encouraged to bring their own small, natural fiber items to dye if time allows. Students will leave with dyed cotton fabric, a dyed linen scarf and cotton tote, along with a handout detailing the dye process.
• Learn basics of Itajime (shape resist) and Kumo (twist resist) shibori dyeing.
• Learn to dye natural fiber goods in a plant derived indigo vat.
• 1 scarf-sized piece of linen and small cotton tote will be provided, along with cotton muslin squares.
• Feel free to bring small goods to dye. Cellulose fibers (cotton, linen, rayon, ramie) accept the color the best. Pre-wash in hot water before the workshop.
• Wear old clothing and shoes that can be stained. The dye will splash.